

Glenn - thank heavens - decided to take some time off to help me over Labor Day weekend and beyond. Ben's center closes for a full week in order to do teacher training, a thorough cleaning and then have some vacation time. So I was looking at a long, long stretch of heavy duty mommying. I had some lofty hopes of playing tourist in Seattle with all the time, but that's not what's come about. Instead we've had lots of family time sprinkled with fun field trips. And I'm exhausted. Just bone-crunchingly tired, no matter how much sleep I get. I keep thinking if I could just get a week's vacation, this might work, but nursing babies are not generally generous with the vacation time...
Friday was particularly fun with the long promised visit to the Museum of Flight with Ben's best friend Iris. I-5 has been under construction and there was no way Margarita and I were going to wind up in traffic backups with cars full of cranky children. But roads are now clear and we had the bonus of Glenn coming, too! Here are a couple of photos from the trip, including Ben and Iris holding hands, which was charming beyond belief. The only unfortunate side effect is that many of the museum's docents are older gentlemen who use canes or walkers to get around and Ben and Iris, running full tilt and holding hands, is a force to be reckoned with! The other was Ben, stunned with his luck and sitting in the Blue Angels flight simulator. He did admirably and used the joystick like a pro. Buppa would have been proud!
No comments:
Post a Comment