Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Rex Rolls Over!

I'm such a lousy mother sometimes. Rex has been rolling over for almost a month and I haven't mentioned it here. In my defense, however, I don't remember any of these milestones for Ben, either, so you can't claim that I'm being unfair to the second-born. I am an equal opportunity ditz.

Actually, Rex rolls over when I remember to put him down on his tummy which is embarrassingly rarely. Now that medical authorities have decided that babies should sleep on their backs to reduce the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome, parents are told to give our babies lots of "tummy time." The handout our pediatrician gave us at our last appointment said we should have Rex on his stomach an hour a day. An hour a day?! The child is lucky if I remember once every four days. Sigh.

Here is a great video of him surprising himself with his skill. Just after the video ends he bursts into tears, stunned at what he had done to himself. (note: I can't get the video uploaded, for some reason, but will check again tomorrow to see if I can get it up).

No comments: