Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I'm done!



My children can have their mother back because this afternoon I finished the last Harry Potter book. I won't go into detail here because I wouldn't dream of spoiling the story for those of you who plan to read it, but it was highly satisfying.

Rex woke up from his late nap when I was only about 10 pages from finishing, but I was able to nurse him while reading and managed not to brain him with the five pound hardback.

Ben had a bedtime meltdown tonight (the pajama top was too tight and when we swapped it for another he decided he wanted the original one back). I'm remembering that a lot of parents told me that their older child was fine with the new baby until it hit the three month mark. Which is right where we are. Now I just need to know when it'll end. I can hear the answers already: When they leave for college...

Photos: Rex figured out how to hold a toy today! Here he is, gripping his rattle delightedly. He kept it in hand for well over five minutes. And when Glenn puts Ben down for the night, Ben usually runs out to the living room in a towel to give me a kiss good night. It's a high point of the day.

No comments: