Sunday, July 15, 2007

The weekend is over...phew!




We all had a great weekend together (one of the last of our "three day weekends" before Glenn moves back to working five days a week), but are exhausted! Rex was tricky to get down tonight and Ben, who's slipperier than an eel come bath- and bedtime, devising new excuses and strategies to stay up later every night, was initially pretty compliant. Until we sang "Good night Benjamin" as we do every night. He announced that he didn't want to have a good nap. So, being parents of a toddler and thinking on our feet, we said "Okay, you don't have to have a good nap if you don't want to," and promptly sang "Adequate night Benjamin."

Now, 40 minutes later, he's still awake and making occasional complaints and requests. We're trying to let him settle himself down on his own, but having a rough time of it. Let me just say that I appreciate my parents SO much better now that I am one myself. Thanks Mom and Dad. I don't know how you put up with this for so long!

No comments: