Another bedtime is history. Ben went peacefully tonight, which makes two nights in a row that he has not created bedlam in order to avoid bed. Hallelujah! All due to a wonderful idea from my mother. Apparently, before my kids were driving me crazy, I was a kid driving my mother crazy, so this tip was once wielded on me: She would make charts, and my brother Michael and I would use star stickers to make our selection. The idea is to do it earlier in the day, so by the time bedtime arrives, you can say "You've already made your choice. Tomorrow you can choose something else." Ben's chart tracks his nightly pajama selection as well as his choice of blankets.
Rex did another fake-out, falling calmly to sleep at 6:30 only to wake an hour later. No kid, that was not a nap, that was BEDTIME! Sigh. We let him cry for a while but I eventually had to go in and nurse him again.
So I have two children sleeping peacefully, a husband who's happily watching an art documentary and I'm feeling very, very cranky. Off to bed for me and maybe my attitude will improve in the morning.
Saturday, July 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment